Tuesday, October 19, 2010

B and A Day!

Haven't done a B and A in so long! Here's a recent shot of my sister, Sarah, taking a photo with her old Canon 35mm. I'm so excited she's getting into photography- she has such an amazing eye. Plus- I get one more person to talk nerdy photo stuff with! Bonus! :)

So for this one, I used a Florabella action- Gypsy from the Luxe collection. I thought it would really work nicely with the red tones in her hair.

I tweaked the layers, turning off the 'Lighten' layer, since it was so bright to begin with. Turned down the warm tone, brought down the Dull Pop layer, darkened a tad, and flattened it.

Then I sharpened the image using MCP's High Definition action. MCP has both a high def sharpening action for full-size images and an action that re-sizes images and sharpens them for the web- both free by the way. I have found that for me, I prefer to run the High Def sharpen action on the full-size image, then run the Web-resizing action, and just turn the sharpening layer off. It seems to be clearer and less grainy when I do it that way.

The results aren't super dramatic, but gives the image just enough 'Ooomph'.


CLICK TO ENLARGE:



P.S.- This was taken at with my 35mm 1.8- which hasn't left my camera since I got it.






Creative Commons License

2 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

I love that pop! Great shot and great edit.

SteFUNie said...

Thanks so much Ashley! Just tryin to keep up with you! :D