Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A Day of Family

Last Saturday I had the opportunity to photograph an incredible family.  The T Family is comprised of Mom and Dad, 5 adult children, and 14 grandchildren (7 from just one son!).  We met at Heritage Park, with a few members running late (did I mention the 7 kids???) and we all corralled the kids in the spot I had envisioned.  And, I must say, even with so many young kids, everyone was on their best behavior, and I was so impressed at how sweet and obedient they all were! Mom and Dad were here from out of state, and apparently it's rare for everyone to be together at the same time. I have the same issue with my own family- we're not that far apart geographically, but it seems like everyone's lives are just so busy, we rarely have time with each other to just enjoy each other's company.  In any event, I am so pleased with how these photos came out, and I gotta say- this is one of those rare occasions in my job where I feel like I'm doing something truly important.  Years from now, when these kids are grown, they will most definitely come across these photos and be able to recall the times when they were all together. And that is something I am so proud just to be a part of. Thank you, T Family, for asking me to participate in this memory.


Married over 40 years!




After the family photos was little A's birthday party (the main reason everyone was together).  I've known Ronnie since I danced at Tekurio Nui a few years back, and I photographed their wedding.  She is hands down one of the sweetest, coolest, most dedicated moms I've ever seen.  A week before this party, the woman had invasive knee surgery, and was still barely able to walk.  But she did so much to pull this party together, it put us able-bodied moms to shame.  She did a fantastic job, with the help of family, and everyone had a ball.  Little A will have some great images of his birthday party, and it's yet another family memory I was asked to participate in, that I'll always be proud of.

The birthday boy with Mama


No comments: