Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The bump

I was so honored when Mel B booked me to shoot her maternity photos.  This is her third child, and her third BOY.  Just take a second and think about that.  She is so outnumbered, it's not even funny.  Being the only estrogen representative in the house, she decided she wanted to document this time in their lives, as she really has no photos of herself while pregnant with her other two (side note- I just realized after this shoot that I have no preggo photos of myself either!).  So, I was determined to make this shoot as intimate, special, and artistic as possible.  I want her to really love these.  The day of the session, despite multiple days of sunshine preceding it, was windy and cold!  Well, California cold, anyway.  She was such a trooper and braved the wind, even baring her belly (the goosebumps were airbrushed out!). 


Being pregnant is such a weird time, especially when you're expecting number three.  Your days get overwhelmed with caring for the other two, and you almost forget most days that your belly is this large, that there's a person in there.  So I really love these photos, if for nothing else than the fact that they're a forced moment of pushing the 'pause' button during a really special time for her. 





No comments: