Friday, May 28, 2010

Miss M

Every now and then, I like to look around the room and find the most beautiful person, approach them, then bribe them to let me take photographs of them.

Just kidding. Miss M and I have known each other since we danced together at Tekurio Nui a few years back.  She's still representing, performed in the Heiva 2009 in Tahiti, and generally just doing amazing things. She approached me for some headshots and dance portraits, because you know a freelance polynesian dancer can never have enough promotional ammo.  I was all over it, because, well... look at her.  Practically all I had to do was stand there and click.

We went to Huntington Beach, it was perfect and secluded and... windy.  And cold.  And.. windy.

I took hundreds of shots, and only a handful didn't involve hair blowing into her face.

The good news: She brought her own lighting assistant.  Her BFF, who I've known for just as long, was willing to hold the bounce reflector- and HELLO!!! great lighting.  Gotta love a client who brings their own crew.

Anyway, she looked incredible, we dodged the beach security during costume changes, and voila! Sports Illustrated here we come.

Enjoy!




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great pictures, I feel like I need to go run now!

Unknown said...

The pictures wouldn't of came out as nice without you steph... you're an amazing photographer and so easy to work with... you gave direction so well i didnt have the chance to freak out like i thought i would... besides the wind it couldn't have gone any better... thank you again and i can't wait for the next shoot... love you girl... much alohas!!!

SteFUNie said...

Thanks Justin- I felt the same way. Stunning, right?

Mica- you are beautiful. Just accept it. :)