Thursday, November 11, 2010

Taking a deep breath.

My weekends are full! Yes, that's a good thing.

Okay, It's confession time. Prepare yourself.

On top of pouring my heart and soul into photographs for incredible clients, I also have another job. I have three kids. Under seven. (Yes, thank you for your sympathy.)  :) My kids are beautiful, intelligent, rambunctious, loving, and mostly all smiles. They're my everything. So fitting editing, marketing, client communications, blogging, shooting, ordering prints, learning, and all the other photography things that exist with a business like this into a schedule already packed with bottles, diapers for two little boys, feeding, helping my 10 month old learn to walk, taking my 6 year old to school (getting all 3 in the car at 8 am is a feat of massive proportions), icing down the goose egg on my two year old's forehead from when he jumped off the couch, washing dishes, doing 3 loads of laundry a day.. well, the list is never-ending. The list of sessions that are 3/4 done in the editing process at this time is... 6. I have six sessions that I am in love with, that I am making finishing them, getting out the cds and prints, and sending virtual hugs to all those patient clients a MAJOR priority this next week. Of course, I also have three photoshoots this weekend as well. :)

On my own facebook page, I've been trying to post something every day that I'm thankful for this month. From the ridiculous to the sincere, it's been helping me really live a more grateful life, day to day. So, when I'm trying to finish editing, the kids are hungry, the hubby is playing Call of Duty and tuning out the world, the laundry needs to be folded and put away.. well, I try to remind myself that soon my silly little kids will be in high school and won't even return my phone calls, that we're lucky to have so many clothes to wash and fold, and that even though they're a little whiny right now, my kids have never gone hungry.

I'm thankful for many things in my personal life, but I'm also thankful for my clients. For people who choose me to document their lives. For people who wait patiently for my laundry to be folded and my dishes to be done to get their cds and prints. I'm thankful to be able to do what I absolutely love.

Hope you enjoyed the sappyness. It doesn't happen often, but when it does.... :)

And just because I hate entries with no photo, here's one of my kiddos.



Thanks for listening. Now back to editing......

No comments: